For nearly a year, WPT Nonwovens has been filling the need for PPE medical supplies with the high volume production of surgical face masks (commonly referred to as surgical masks or procedure masks). Our team has been working hard to provide ample supplies of masks for hospitals and other critical care facilities.
Unfortunately, some buyers of PPE supplies have been vulnerable to unreliable suppliers who provide an inferior product. In fact, counterfeit PPE has been a serious problem since the beginning of the pandemic. A recent news report states that according to the US Customs and Border Protection, “CBP has seized over 20 million counterfeit masks” since the beginning of the pandemic.
In order to make sure buyers are getting legitimate masks and medical products, officials with the International AntiCounterfeiting Coalition Inc. (IACC) recommend focusing on the “three P’s” for avoiding counterfeits:
- Price – If the price seems too good to be true, assume that it is.
- Packaging – If the product is sold without packaging, or packaging that looks low quality, or poorly produced, it is likely counterfeit.
- Place – Consider where the product is being sold, and if it seems like an appropriate place to be selling the item. If buying online, even if the product picture looks correct, make sure the rest of the website sections, like the “Contact Us” page, look legitimate. Typos, grammatical, and spelling errors, or sketchy information are good indications of a business that is fake.
As a manufacturer, WPT Nonwovens has made a significant investment in equipment, materials, and quality control so that we could become an ASTM approved, reliable source for critical PPE masks.
Tests have proven WPT Nonwoven surgical masks to be of the highest quality in circulation, having been “field-tested” for several months. Our customers are reporting that they prefer the feel and quality of WPT masks over poorly made foreign-sourced masks.
WPT Nonwovens surgical masks features:
- ASTM Level 3
- ASTM F2100-19 Level 3
- Free of natural rubber latex
- Plastic laminated nose wire
- Procedure (earloop) securement
WPT Nonwovens now has surgical masks available in stock and ready for shipment. We are ready to meet your needs. Contact us today!